- Nestled in foothills of snow-clad Dhauladhar ranges of the Himalayas at elevation of 1200 meters to 2600 meters (town and around) and over 5500 meters in close by Dhauladhars —in a span of just less than 10 km.
- Among the very few towns with such a close snowline —the world over.
- Residence of ‘His Holiness-The Dalai Lama’, number of Tibetan institutions and monasteries —Dharamshala has become ‘The Little Lhasa in India’.
- Offers diversity ranging from ancient Temples to Churches to Monasteries….all in the vicinity.
- Second highest rainfall in the country —refresh every day.
- Proximity to adventure sports activities …like Para Gliding at Billing and water sports at Pong Dam.
- Origin of speculator treks passing through the deodar & pine forests …going up to the snowy peaks through beautiful high altitude passes.
- Many tea gardens —unique taste has become quite popular among tea connoisseurs.
Dharamshala is a complete destination in itself to enjoy holidays with family, friends and Camp Lungta will make them memorable.